Saturday, March 14, 2009

Friday Night Thoughts


It has been an exceptionally busy week. We're 'summertime busy' in the office and we've still a week before the first official day of Spring. I'm not complaining, exactly, busy is good, very good. At the same time, I'm feeling the crunch. So many things to get done, so little time to do it in.
So it's a toss up...do I work tomorrow or do I rest. I'd really rather rest. But I will probably work for a few hours.
I have really neglected my personal life the last few weeks due to all the chaos at work. One of the things I've found has been impacted has been my ability to exercise my spiritual will over my physical. It's easier to worry that stand in faith. Easier to be angry than to forgive. So this weekend will be have a more spiritual focus than some. I need that time to think, meditate, read, write...time to just be. I'm going to focus on this truth: " In quietness and trust is your strength" (Isa. 30:15)
What do you plan on doing this weekend?

No comments: