Monday, March 09, 2009

Spring


I love Spring. I love everything about it: the cool, crisp air, warm sun, birds singing, flowers growing. Over the last few years I haven't gotten to enjoy Spring much...the places I've lived in really only have two seasons...wet (hot) and dry (really hot). Except for the frigid 9 months I lived in Canada....where I nearly froze to death.

I like this middle ground, between winter and summer. I find it incredibly soothing.

Saturday I went hiking in a nearby state park. Apparently a lot of other people had the same idea because even the rugged trail I was on, was crowded. Not exactly great for taking great pictures or thinking, but it was still nice to be outside.

Even though the economy is still tanking, hope is soaring at work. Both of my jobs are doing well. Grass always grows and people are always getting sick/hurt so I'm fairly certain my jobs will be around for awhile. Nevertheless it's been awesome to see God at work, especially in the family business. The phone has been ringing off the hook and we've not had a shortage of opportunities to give bids. I could credit that to the time I've spent marketing...but I know better :-) I know God's the one who provides what we need, exactly when we need it.

A headline I read this morning said "Obama: 'don't fear future'". It'd be easy to fear the future...just look at the headlines. It's all wars and tragedy. But I was reminded this morning of Joshua 1:9 which says "Have not I commanded you? Be strong, vigorous, and very courageous. be not afraid, neither be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." (AMP)

I thought this morning about who my hope is placed in...men who fail and are often wrong or God who is always right (and right on time)?

Who are you trusting in?

No comments: